Don't forget to vote Tuesday November 7.
TOWN HALL MEETING
GIVE YOUR INPUT ABOUT DEVELOPMENT ALONG THE BATES STREET CORRIDOR
JOIN US FOR A COMMUNITY DISCUSSION
Community Discussion – Thursday November 2, 7 PM @ 294 SEMPLE ST
- Learn about zoning, permitting, and city policy priorities.
- Hear a brief presentation by Oakland Gateway Ventures.
- Share your opinions with local elected officials and public partners.
See attached flyer and renderings for more info.
Join the Heinz Chapel Choir for their holiday concert followed by a reception hosted by the Pitt Alumni Association.
Don't miss out on this opportunity that will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit, and join the choir members afterwards for some refreshments.
Heinz Chapel Choir Holiday Concert and Reception
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Concert: 3 p.m. Heinz Memorial Chapel
South Bellefield Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Reception: following the concert at Alumni Hall, Connolly Ballroom
4227 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
The cost is $25 per person and includes the concert and reception.
Questions can be directed to Laraine Hlatky at the Pitt Alumni Association
by phone at 412-624-5589 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow food. Sustain neighborhoods. Bring people together.
Grow Pittsburgh strives to teach people how to grow food and to promote the benefits that gardens bring to our neighborhoods.
They are currently hiring three new positions to start in 2018. There will be two full-time positions and one part-time position—each comes with a full benefits package. Grow Pittsburgh Staff will help build and support unique gardens and farms by connecting directly with students, schools, families, home growers, and farmers.
- Frick Greenhouse and Shiloh Farm Manager (Full-time)
- Learning Garden Educator (Full-time)
- Community Garden Coordinator (Part-time 30+ hours/wk)
EAST EUROPEAN AND SLAVIC FALL FESTIVAL
Sunday, October 29, 2017, 12-4pm
Cathedral Of Learning First Floor Commons Room
Join in a cultural celebration of food, dance and more!
Featuring: The Pitt Carpathian Ensemble
Special Guest Richard Balázs, Director of the Folk Factory ensemble, will teach Balkan dances!
Balkin & Central Asian Women Film 9/29-10/1
Finding their own voices in post-socialist cinema
- Friday, September 29th | 4:00-7:30pm | 125 Frick Fine Arts
- Saturday, September 30th | 10:00am -1:00pm | 125 Frick Fine Arts
- Saturday, September 30th | 3:00pm -6:00pm | 232 Cathedral of Learning
- Sunday, October 1st | 10:00am -1:00pm | 232 Cathedral of Learning
Presented by Preservation Pittsburgh, a guided walking tour of modern and late modern architecture and design throughout the neighborhood of Oakland and the University of Pittsburgh campus.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2017 – 3:30 – 5:30pm
The Heinz History Center is hosting a RADical Day on Sunday, Sept. 24. Enjoy free admission to the Heinz History Center as part of RADical Days, sponsored by RAD – Allegheny Regional Asset District.
RADical Days is an annual event celebrating the assets with free admission, musical and dance performances, and family activities offered by arts and culture organizations, parks and recreation, and sports and regional attractions that are funded by RAD.
For more information on RADical Days (September 22 through October 15) and to see a list of other participating organizations please visit the RAD website.
The Fort Pitt Museum RADical day is Sunday, Oct. 1.
2 p.m. – South Hills Chorale
2:30 p.m. – Pittsburgh Youth Chorus
3 p.m. – Allegheny Brass Band
Street closings on on Sunday, September 24, 2017 for both the 10K and the 5K are divided into four separate zones. Zones C & D will be closed at 6:30 a.m. Zones A & B will close at 8:30 a.m. Each zone will re-open at different times. The schedule is as follows:
- ZONE A – Start Line at Beechwood Blvd. to Forbes and Morewood Avenues closure from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 10:00 a.m.
- ZONE B – Forbes and Morewood Avenues to Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Blvd. closure from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 10:30 a.m.
- ZONE C – Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Blvd. to Fifth Avenue & the ramp to Blvd. of the Allies (at Robinson Street) closure from 6:30 a.m. to approximately 10:45 a.m.
- ZONE D – Fifth Avenue & the Oakland ramp to Blvd. of the Allies to Commonwealth Blvd. and Liberty Ave. closure from 6:30 a.m. to approximately 11:00 a.m.
Home ownership in Oakland: Learn about the Oakland Community Land Trust
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation (OPDC) is launching a Community Land Trust (CLT) to preserve home ownership and guarantee affordability in Oakland’s residential neighborhoods.
Please plan to attend a public meeting to learn more about this initiative.
Tuesday, September 12th, 6 p.m.
St. Regis Parish Social Hall
3235 Parkview Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213