Find year-round events for fun, entertaining and engaging things to do in the greater Pittsburgh Area.
Having fun doesn’t have to empty your wallet! Many of Pittsburgh’s annual events are free, family friendly and deliver a unique experience.
A sampling of ongoing and upcoming events and places to visit:
- Kelly Strayhorn Theater – Pgh East Side
- The First Fridays at the Frick – Free admission, $5 donation suggested.
- The Frick Collects: From Rubens to Monet, Free Admission thru May 14, 2017
Check out their website for the complete list and links to respective sites.
Also check out the list of great family adventures in Pittsburgh this month from NEXTPittsburgh
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival at Chatham University: March 9, 6 p.m.
- Virtual Reality Museum & Third Thursday at Carnegie Museum of Art: March 16, 7—11 p.m.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates at University of Pittsburgh: March 20, 8:30 p.m.
- Carnegie Mellon University International Film Festival: March 23—April 9
- Farm to Table Conference at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center: March 24 & 25
- Pittsburgh Humanities Festival in the Cultural District: March 24—26
- Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet & Creative Arts Festival at David L. Lawrence Convention Ctr: March 24—26
- Bang on a Can All-Stars at Carnegie Lecture Hall: March 25, 8 p.m.
- Spring Festival Of The Egg at the University of Pittsburgh: March 5
Top 10 family events in Pittsburgh this March