Having fun doesn’t have to empty your wallet! Many of Pittsburgh’s annual events are free, family friendly and deliver a unique experience.
A sampling of ongoing and upcoming events and places to visit:
- Kelly Strayhorn Theater – Pgh East Side
- Gallery Crawls – Downtown Pittsburgh’s Cultural District – Sept 23
- Yoga in the Square – Sundays from June 5-Sept 25
- Allegheny County Special Events – Various County Parks
- Britsburgh Festival – Sept 7 & 10 Enjoy a sense of Britain
- Fall Family Festivals – Sept 24 & Oct 8 Free activities for the whole family
- The First Fridays at the Frick – Free admission, $5 donation suggested.
- Rodef Shalom Biblical Botanical Garden – largest biblical botanical garden in North America
- City of Pittsburgh Great Race – Sept 25
- Light Up Night® – Nov 2016
Check out their website for the complete list and links to respective sites.
Also a few of the “10 great family adventures in Pittsburgh this September” from NEXTPittsburgh
- Steel City Star Trek Celebration: Sept 2 – Oct 28
- A Fair in the Park in Mellon Park: Sept 9 – 11
- Pittsburgh Irish Festival at the Riverplex: Sept 9 – 11
- Fall Fest & 7th Annual Running of the Wieners at The Waterfront: Sept 17
- Dollar Bank Junior Great Race at Point State Park: Sept 17
- Hay Day at Hartwood Acres: September 24
- Pittsburgh Chinese Cultural Festival in Oakland: Sept 10