Sent 04/05/2013 @ 2:17 pm
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee of Pittsburgh Sprinkler Fitters, Local Union 542 will be accepting applications for the Apprenticeship Training Program.Applications must be picked up in person at the Pittsburgh Sprinkler Fitters office at 227 Stanton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15209. Applications will be available for pick up at the following dates and times:
- Monday, May 6th to Friday, May 10th from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday, May 11th from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Monday, May 13th to Thursday, May 16th from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must have a dependable form of transportation
- Applicant must be a high school graduate of possess a G.E.D. diploma
- Applicant must be physically able to perform the work of the trade
- Accept the terms of apprenticeship: 5 years on-the-job training plus related classroom instruction several nights a week
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen and reside in Western Pennsylvania
- If selected for the Apprenticeship Program, applicants will be required to submit to both a pre-employment drug test and a physical exam
- Applicant will be required to take a written qualification examination
- Applicants who qualify based on the written examination will be granted a personal interview.
- Applicant must have a valid Pennsylvania photo driver’s license
Please note that a non-refundable application fee of $25.00 is required upon receiving the application. Payments must be made by cash or money order.Completed applications must be returned to the union office no later than Tuesday, May 21, 2013. All applications must be hand written. No typed applications will be accepted.
For more information, please contact the Sprinkler Fitters Union at 412-821-1561.